June 6 and 7, 2019. Santa Fe, Argentina
Two days with the most significant protagonists and leaders from the United States, Europe and Latin America to share information, deepen networks and learn about the latest advances in equality and gender approaches in science.
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Santa Fe (MinCTIP) cordially invites to participate in the 1st Biannual International Congress of Gender in Science, Technology and Innovation in the city of Santa Fe, Argentina, on June 6 and 7, 2019 .
For two days more than a hundred researchers, policy makers and managers from academia, businesses, government, and civil society will meet to exchange ideas and information, enhance collaborative networks and learn about the latest advances in knowledge and implementation of gender equality policies in science and technology.
This initiative is part of the Strategic Gender Program , a pioneering policy of the Santa Fe government aimed at reducing the gender gap at all organizations and levels in the science, technology and innovation system.
In this first edition the congress will focus on four thematic axes addressed through discussion panels, case studies, talks and networking with prominent speakers and assistants from all over the country and the region.
The Gender in Science, Technology and Innovation International Congress is based on the interaction of the participants and offers a unique opportunity to establish contacts, learn and collaborate to achieve a science and technology with more equality.
DESCRIPTION OF THE SESSIONS
- Share information and insights about the situation, changes and perspectives of women in science.
- Learn about successful examples of gender policy implementation and current developments in policy and practice instruments to balance gender equality in research, development and innovation.
- Share the progress of research with a gender approach in the STEM, biological, social and sciences and humanities
- Show the impact of women in the generation of knowledge, technologies and innovation and contribute to the advancement of women’s careers in STI.
- Think about how to monitor, evaluate and show the impact of women in organizations through gender records and statistics.
- Exchange ideas on how to integrate equality into an organization and use tools and advice to design and implement successful gender equality and diversity strategies.
- Know colleagues and resources to establish new ideas, relationships and networks to promote research with a gender approach.
- Obtain a perspective and vision to make effective professional decisions to improve women`s situation and contribution and boost their visibility and relational capabilities and assets.